With over 20 years experience developing and supporting Microsoft Access database solutions we have experience across a wide range of industry sectors.
Please see below for some examples and get in touch to see how we can help you.
- Renting and leasing of other machinery, equipment and tangible goods
- Employment Agencies
- HR functions
- Tour operators
- Private security firms
- Collection Agencies
- Import & analysis of theatre ticket sales data
- TV - analysis of advertising revenue data
- Job tracking for sound recording company
- Agents - performer databases
- Wildlife Trust - support and assistance for a local wildlife trust who had developed a system internally but run into problems with duplicate records and data entry validation
We have worked with charities in various sectors including:
- criminal justice
- children in need
- visual impairment
System we have worked on for charity clients include:
- data collection and statistical reporting databases
- tracking/dispatch of gifts
- call logging for support lines
- case management & tracking for support workers
- membership & donor management
- subscription management
Systems to track and managing property snagging prior to sale.
Systems to record and manage customer issue post sale, including generation of remedial work orders to suppliers
Systems to record details of properties/sites under development and potential/actual sales.
Property Management Companies
Various databases to manage details of properties and tenants
Purchase ordering to keep track of materials, plant and people purchased and invoiced.
For a leading planning consultancy we developed a CRM system to remove their dependence on customer contact and lead details being kept in numerous private spreadsheets and Outlook profiles. This was expanded to manage quotes, jobs, time & expenses, financial forecasting, invoicing and detailed reporting.
Estimating and job management database extending through to fitter scheduling, purchase order management and application for payment.
Time and job management for bespoke kitchen builders
Helped enhance clients existing database for tracking and managing samples taken during the building of roads to ensure legal standards are met.
We have worked with a number of universities on systems such as:
- widening participation programmes
- grant and bursary administration
- patents and IP management
- consultancy spin-offs
Working with Learning Grid we developed a system to track and report on the participation of school and college pupils in educational activities organised in conjunction with private companies. This system was integration with the EDUBASE database of UK educational establishments.
- Nanny agencies - database of nannies and families with ability to match on various criteria
Distribution of electricity
Working with a regional electricity company we were able to quickly extract data from their legacy database, a task which was holding up the implementation of a new system.
Provision of consultancy, general advice and provision of a prototype database to a solar energy company to allow them to develop a system to track assets and manage/schedule maintenance jobs.
Recording and reporting of faults. Tracking details of repair work undertaken to ensure safety requirements and working practices are complied with.
We have developed and supported Access database solutions for a range of engineering clients. Examples include:
- Mechanical and plant engineering
- Precision engineering
- Air conditioning
- Aircraft parts
- Embedded computing solutions
- Building societies
- Activities of venture and development capital companies
- Fund management activities
We have built and worked on product/ingredient databases for a number of food producers allowing them to manage product recipes, quickly see what ingredients/suppliers are used for which products and apply price changes instantly.
Organic Veg Box Distribution
For a small grower and distributor of organic veg boxes out database allowed them to schedule customer deliveries using mapping software to optimise the delivery routes.
Extraction and analysis of EPOS data
Our bakery client had a number of shops all using a legacy EPOS system. We were able to integrate with this and extract data automatically which could then be analysed further in Access and Excel to identify sales trends and manage stock distribution.
For Subway we worked to enhance an existing database used to report on profitability.
Fruit & Vegetable growers/distributors
We have worked on Access databases for apple growers, potato growers and other similar clients often integration with specialist machines used to weigh and calibrate product.
Reporting systems for the NHS at a regional level.
We have developed data collection and reporting systems for a number of hospital consultants to assist in the treatment of patients and in research projects. Specialities covered include cardiology, optometry and orthopaedics.
General Practice & Specialist Clinics
Development and support of appointment management systems and reporting systems for NHS weight-loss and other specialist clinics.
Private healthcare firms
Patient databases and appointment management systems for private health clinics including features such as automatic letter generation for appointments, followups and SMS reminders.
Research & Stats
For a national grouping of specialist NHS consultants we enhanced a system developed to allow anonymous patient data to be collated and analysed centrally.
For pharmaceutical companies we have developed systems to keep track of patients participated in trials and collate their test results. We have also developed a system to keep track of cancer drugs being sent to hospitals and to predict future requirements based on order history.
- Book publishing
- Motion picture production activities
- Business and domestic software development
- Information technology consultancy activities
- Bespoke case management systems
- Upgrading & enhancing legacy case/matter management systems
- Purchase order management
- Budgeting & forecasting
Legal Service Providers
- Barristers - Pupil recruitment
- Will writers - appointment tracking, consultant scheduling, job management and reporting
- Debt collection
- Legal training providers
- Production of meat and poultry meat products
- Processing & preserving of potatoes
- Butter & cheese production
- Grain milling
- Production of other food products (various)
- Manufacture of soft drinks; production of mineral waters and other bottled waters
- Repair of machinery
- Repair of electrical equipment
- Repair and maintenance of ships and boats
- Repair and maintenance of aircraft
- Repair of other equipment
- Installation of industrial machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of medical and dental instruments and supplies
- Manufacture of furniture
- Manufacture of railway locomotives and rolling stock
- Manufacture of other parts and accessories for motor vehicles
- Manufacture of metal structures and parts of structures
- Manufacture of doors and windows of metal
- Manufacture of other rubber products
- Various other manufacturing - contact us for details
- green energy programme management & reporting
NHS - under Healthcare
- Real estate agencies
- Other letting and operating of own or leased real estate
- Customer complain/issue management databases
- Engineer training and certification databases
- Engine parts and tooling trackers
- Call booking & scheduling
Plant & Machinery
- Operative training and certification databases
- CRM for specialist removals company to replace Microsoft Dynamics which was proving to cumbersome and complicated
Transportation & Shipping
- Cost calculator for internal shipping company with ability to import data from couriers and find optimally priced route
- Job management for repair of commercial vehicles
- Part tracking database for company that salvages commercial vehicles and resells component parts
- Bridge toll debt tracking
- Collection of hazardous waste
- Collection of non-hazardous waste
- Treatment and disposal of non-hazardous waste
- Treatment and disposal of hazardous waste