SMS messages from your Access database
Adding a facility to send SMS messages from your Access database is normally quite straightforward.
There are a number of SMS gateway providers on the Internet who provide the hooks necessary to integrate with your database.
Once you have done the integration and purchased some SMS credits you can then send SMS messages automatically (e.g. when an appointment is added to the database) or manually as required.
We have recently integrated SMS capabilities into clients existing Access database to help with the following:
- sending appointment reminders to customers
- sending job details to engineers out on the road
- sending appointments and calendar details to a workforce of home-visit consultants
We can also receive replies to SMS messages back into the database which enables us to do things such as:
- confirm that a patient still intends to attend an appointment
- confirm that a consultant or engineer has received the details for a short notice change of job etc